woensdag 26 september 2007

Dreaming of Siena

Yesterday, after the language course I was a bit tired -which is quite understandable regarding the time I woke up in the morning-, but since in this place it's better to dream with your eyes wide open, I went for a walk and discovered some real Sienese life outside the ancient city walls. In this country the beautiful houses aren't just to be found in the centre of a town -quite the contrary- so it was a lovely walk. There were some pretty good examples of the perfect house -or should I say castle - and while I'm still waiting for faith to be heading in the other direction, everything stays just as perfect as it was. I can find no other way to put it than saying that this city is giving me lots of space. I feel like living, I feel like creating things (even though for the past three weeks it has been mostly pasta) and sometimes I feel like singing while strolling through these little streets at night. Things are like I had imagined them to be. Italy is a veggie's delight, the sun still gives warmth to the air and the colour of the houses. Most of the men use too many words for what they want to say and think facts & figures are the most important thing in life. The men on the streets whisper unintelligible things as I pass by, and with some difficulty I can stop the tendency of my curiosity to stop and ask what they said. The mosquitoes still think I'm a nice snack, a sin regarding I'm a vegetarian (If I ever discover a people eating mosquito pie, I will not hesitate to make an exception to my vegetarianism) but I can handle this little discomfort. Only four more days doing the antipasto, and then the real Bolognese -vegetarian of course- begins

2 opmerkingen:

Unknown zei

All I have in Blighty is gin and it's getting colder every day. But at least we have no mosquitoes.

Planoloog zei

You're becoming a real veggie, which I can only endorse. I do hope you can continue this healthy and admirable lifestyle. Be it in Italy or Japan. Enjoy Bologna as much as Siena.

Mig